Europe

More than six people banned from gathering in France

French authorities imposed a ban on gathering in groups of more than six people due to the continuous increase in the number of new infections with coronavirus.





The corresponding order was sent by the Ministry of Internal Affairs to all police prefectures of the country on Tuesday, AFP reports.

According to the order of the head of the French Ministry of Internal Affairs, Gerald Darmanen, the ban is being introduced in all regions, and not only in those where was introduced last week.

In addition, quarantine is going to be introduced in three other departments of the country, which is already in effect in 16.

On Wednesday, government spokesman Gabriel Attal, after a weekly meeting on the coronavirus pandemic chaired by President Emmanuel Macron, said most businesses in the departments of Rhone, Ob, and Nievre would be closed and residents would be asked not to leave their homes for no good reason.

It is noted that in , the number of seriously ill patients in intensive care units continues to grow.

We will remind, on March 16, the French authorities said that the third wave of the coronavirus pandemic began in the country. Then-Prime Minister Jean Castex hinted that strict quarantine measures could be introduced in the metropolitan region, including Paris, in the coming days.

We also reported that France is one of many European countries to temporarily stop using AstraZeneca’s drug.


Google News

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *