The chief financial officer of the company Ned Segal said this on Wednesday on the air of the American television channel CNBC.
“When you are removed from the platform, you are removed from the platform,” Segal said.
“Our policy is to ensure that people do not incite violence,” he added.
Segal also denied the claim that many users of the social network left it in response to blocking access to Donald Trump.
According to him, the social network added 40 million people to its daily number of active users last year, as well as 5 million last quarter.
Twitter became the first social network to decide to permanently block Trump’s account after the storming of the Capitol on January 6.
Twitter later suspended over 70,000 accounts for promoting the QAnon conspiracy theory.
The EU criticized the social network for blocking Trump’s Twitter account “without justified and democratic control.”