Tag Archives: FACEBOOK

How the most expensive painting in history caused a scandal in the art market

In France, a documentary film about the film “The Savior of the World” by Leonardo da Vinci is being released. Its authors promise to shed light on the political machinations associated with the most expensive painting in the world.

A new feature-length documentary, which will premiere on France 5 on April 13, claims that Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman forced the Louvre to lie about the authenticity of a painting he bought to avoid public humiliation, as he spent $450 million on a fake.

French director Antoine Witkin’s film “The Saviour for Sale” is an investigation into how a controversial portrait of Jesus Christ, dubbed the “male Mona Lisa,” was held hostage by backroom deals between France and Saudi Arabia.

The painting “Savior of the World” entered world art history in 2017 when about a thousand collectors, dealers, and spectators gathered in the main auction hall of Rockefeller Center in New York, and the oldest auction house Christie’s sold the painting for a record $450 million, making it the most expensive in the world.

The huge public interest — 120,000 art fans followed the auction through a live Facebook feed-and the incredibly high final bid reflected the extreme rarity of Leonardo da Vinci’s original works. Despite the huge fame and influence of the Italian master, there are currently less than 20 paintings that are believed to have been painted by him, and all of them are part of museum collections. Christie’s called the painting “the greatest artistic discovery of the last 100 years.”

The first doubts about the authenticity of the “Savior of the World” arose when the Louvre Abu Dhabi (an ambitious cultural project designed by Jean Nouvel and received from the great French museum the right to share the name “Louvre” with it for 30 years. — Forbes) suddenly changed his mind to exhibit the painting in September 2018. It has not been shown publicly since.

Mike Pompeo got a job at Fox News

Former Secretary of State of the United States (held this position under Donald Trump) Mike Pompeo has become an expert for Fox News Media, the organization said.

He will be engaged in analytics in programs aired on the Fox News and Fox Business channels, according to the TV company’s website.

Pompeo, who is a diplomat, civil servant, entrepreneur, and lawyer, will be engaged in analytics on Fox News Media platforms, including in the daytime and evening programs of Fox News and Fox Business, the report says.

For the first time, Pompeo will appear as a full-time pundit on FOX & Friends, which will be released on April 9. He promised to provide viewers with “ an honest and balanced opinion on issues related to geopolitics and international relations.”

On the eve of the former US President Donald Trump, as well as a number of supporters of the Republican Party, joined the new social platform Campaign Nucleus, which was created by a former adviser to the Trump campaign staff Brad Parscale.

Instagram Facebook, Twitter, Twitter, Twitter, and Twitter have previously blocked Trump’s accounts for various periods of time because of his statements about the riots in Washington on January 6.

However, Trump plans to start posting on social media again in the coming months. According to an aide to the former American leader, Jason Miller, Trump “will return to social media in two or three months.” It will be published “on its own platform”, which will attract “tens of millions” of people. According to Miller, this will “completely change the rules of the game.”

Head of the European Council disappointed with the outcome of the incident with chairs in Ankara

The head of the European Council Charles Michel regrets that the incident with the placement of chairs at the talks in Ankara overshadowed the most important visit for the European Union to Turkey.

On Tuesday, Michel and the head of the European Commission, Ursula von der Leyen, were on a visit to Turkey, where they held talks with Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan.

The footage of this meeting published on the network shows that the organizers provided only two chairs for the negotiators against the background of the flags of the European Union and Turkey.

Chairs were taken by Erdogan and Michel, Von der Leyen had to sit on a sofa to one side, opposite Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu.

“Despite striving to do everything right, Turkish authorities’ strict interpretation of protocol rules has led to an unfortunate situation,” Michel wrote on Facebook.

He believes that a “protocol oversight” was made in relation to the head of the European Commission, which could look like a belittling of importance. However, according to him, it was decided not to aggravate the situation, but to continue political debates with the Turkish side.

Facebook has ruled out a hacker attack in the latest massive data leak

The American company Facebook conducted an investigation into the causes of the massive data leak of users of the social network. This was stated in the company.

They said that the cause of the leak could not be a hacker hacking Facebook. In a statement, the company said that the management considers as the main version of web scraping.

“It is important to understand that the attackers obtained information not by hacking our systems, but by extracting data from our platform,” the publication says.

Earlier it became known that Zuckerberg’s phone number was publicly available due to a massive leak.

In Australia, 18 thousand people were evacuated due to flooding

About 18 thousand people have left their homes on the east coast of Australia due to flooding caused by heavy downpours. This was announced by the Premier of the State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian, a video from the press conference was posted on Facebook.

“About 15,000 people have been evacuated from homes in the Mid-North Coast region from cities, and another 3,000 people from western Sydney, located in the floodplains of the Nepean and Hawkesbury Rivers,” she said.

According to her, the north coast of the region near the city of Port Macquarie was most affected by the flooding.

In February, flooding occurred in the state of Uttarakhand in northern India as a result of the collapse of a glacier. Then the police reported that 14 people were killed. Among them, the workers of the local hydroelectric power station “Rishiganga”, which is under construction on the Dhauliganga River, were killed. After the collapse of the glacier, the water in the river rose and completely washed away the dam of the station. Some people were trapped in a tunnel near the dam, the authorities are trying to save them.