Spanish rescuers had to evacuate hundreds of local residents and vacationers from the disaster area.
A forest fire broke out near the Cap de Cruz Natural Park in Spain. The cause of the fire, presumably, was an unopened cigarette butt. This was announced on Saturday, July 17, Euro News reports.
Five people were injured because of the fire. Among them are four firefighters and one employee of the forest protection unit. About 350 more local residents and vacationers were evacuated.
The fire has engulfed more than 400 hectares of forest and shrubs. The Catalan Fire Service sent six planes and 90 rescuers to fight the fire.